Git for Teams
This web site is an ever-growing resource aiming to support teams of one or more people as they learn to work efficiently together. It focuses on real world examples to make working with Git faster and more efficient.
Git for Teams covers creating a workflow strategy with your team; the basic commands you need to implement that strategy; and a "getting started" introduction to using GitHub, Bitbucket, and GitLab.
Collaborating with Git: Crafting Workflows at the Command Line six hours of video lessons to help you learn Git.
Looking for bigger versions of the flow charts for Git?
You are welcome to share these images with others; print them; save them to your team Wiki...I made them to help you! I would love to receive translations of these diagrams. You can submit a pull request through GitHub or GitLab; or simply drop me an email emma at this domain name, and I can help you to get started. Patrick has also made a command line version of the flow chart. It's sort of like a choose-your-own adventure game!
Recent Sessions & Workshops
- Adventure Mapping for Git - Cambridge UX Meetup rendered slides, slide repository and Git: The Game of Chance
- OSCON 2015 AMS - A Rebasing Workflow for Git - slides, diagrams, resources
- UpFrontMini - The Golden Rules of Git (for teams) - slides and slides with notes and repository
- operability.io - Cultivating Empathy - slides, recording, and resources
- DrupalCon Barcelona - Reverse Engineering People - slides, recording, and resources
- dotnetSheff - Demystifying Git Setup - notes, repository (release tag: 201508_dotsheff)
- Tech Nottingham - Supporting Teams When the Tech is Unknown - slides and slides with notes
- OSCON 2015 PDX - A Rebasing Workflow for Git - slides, diagrams, resources
- OSCON 2015 PDX - Git for Teams - repository
- DrupalNorth, Toronto - Managing Change - slides, recording, and resources
- AtlasCamp, Prague - Cultivating Empathy - slides, recording, and resources
- Drupal Open Days Ireland - Managing Projects the Drupal Way - slides or slides with notes
- DrupalCon Los Angeles - Avoiding the Git of Despair - slides and video
- Git Merge - Teaching People Git - slides and video
- ConFoo Montreal - Peer Code Reviews: Are they worth it? - slides
- ConFoo Montreal - A Rebasing Workflow - slides
This site also includes: